Thursday 13 August 2015

Thursday sessio. - Deek's Quarters

A quick look at the overall time today reveals a PW (personal worst). But a quick peek at the conditions this morning would suggest that anything else would have been a miracle. Despite beautiful clear skies, a strong consistent westerly hammered the open and exposed North Head loop that I train on. They always say that you never ever gain back in a tailwind what you loose in a headwind. All up, a slow 15:55 was all I could manage this morning. Even the 9.2km cool down back home was a few seconds per km slower than usual. Admittedly, I didn't feel great this morning (a rough night sleep in light of all the other things going on in my life at the moment), but not so bad to explain these paces without the effect of the wind. Will debut the new Garmin Forerunner 225 tomorrow- will be an eye opener I think regarding how much easier I will likely have to run on my easy/steady runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment