Wednesday 12 August 2015

Wednesday morning run - 20km steady

It took a good 5km or so to get into the rhythm this morning. Actually, I was surprised to feel slightly above average, as I was absolutely wrecked all day yesterday following the Mona Fartlek session! Got through each 5km lap in around 19 minutes, so around 76 minutes all up. Another beautiful morning, although a strong north-westerly wind made things tough each lap heading towards Queenscliff SLSC. Debating whether to go and purchase a new GPS? I hate heart rate monitors due to the constrictive feeling the strap imposes around my chest. To solve this, Garmin has just realised the new Forerunner 225 which uses optical technology to measure your heart rate via your wrist. I am currently running with an old school Forerunner 410, a 2010 model built back in the days before Garmin Connect or any of that fancy new stuff! Tempting!

No comments:

Post a Comment