Tuesday 18 August 2015

Tuesday session - Mona Fartlek (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Finally starting to make progress again. Felt good this morning warming up, and knew that I was going to be in for a half descent session. Realised that I had been making the mistake of going out far too hard on both my Tuesday and Thursday sessions - for example, it not unusual to complete the first effort at 2:45 min/km pace. No wonder I was dreading these sessions, they hurt like hell!!! Backed off to 3:00 min/km pace, and although still not easy, it made a world of difference to the rest of the session. The wind was up once again, rendering a PB out of the question. Nevertheless, I got out 6.10km for the session - so extremely satisfied. Best effort since pre-Gold Coast. Nice and steady cool down (this time my pace was secondary to my heart rate, meaning a 4:09 min/km as opposed to around 3:55). 17km all up, and planning another 8km recovery this afternoon.

On a not so good note, some dickhead stole my long sleeve top. I always warm-up to North Head with it on, take it off and place it on the ground next to the start line. I've been doing this all winter. It's a ghost town up there this time of day and year, so it never crossed my mind that someone would take it. To make matters worse, it was my nice (and expensive) 2XU top. Oh well, shit happens!

8km very easy this afternoon, averaging 4:47 min/km. 115 bpm = nice and easy!

1 comment:

  1. Bugger re lost top. Maybe you'll see him wearing it and a fight ensures...

    ReplyDelete