Thursday 20 August 2015

Thursday session - Deek's Quarters (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

8 x 400m with 200m float recovery. Typical Thursday session, but have not had much luck with this run since pre-Gold Coast. Today was significantly faster than anything I have run since, getting around in a total time of 15:34. Whilst not a PB, I am over the moon that I can now see some progress following a few weeks of constant poor performances. 17km all up including warm-up and cool-down. Living the new watch, although still having some intermittent random readings with the heart rate, although nowhere near as frequently as last week when I first started wearing it. Nevertheless, it's really reinforced to me just how slow 'easy' and 'recovery' paces are actually meant to be! Aim to get out for another 8km recovery run later today after work. That will bring me up to a grand total of 142km since Saturday, with 11km still to come tomorrow. Biggest week of running since January in Jindabyne!

8km ridiculously slow this afternoon, 4:59 min/km pace. Easy and fun! Incredible sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment