Thursday 22 September 2016

Thursday - 2km (5' rest), 3 x 1km (off 3' rest), (5' rest), 5 x 200m (off 1' rest) (am)

That was brutal, depressing, yet enlightening. Couldn't get any starters (have no idea what Dicky we doing???), so solo I was. Tossed up whether to run the session at Passmore (650m loop), Graham Reserve (400m grass) - but location won the day - the beachfront is hard to beat. Started at Manly LSC for the first rep. Went hard - knowing I had plenty of rest between the first and second rep. This is where looking at the clock is depressing. 6:22! But this is honestly where I am at at the moment. I've got the aerobic endurance, I have the general speed - where I am severely lacking is the aerobic power. In other words, I am red-lining way too early on in races these days. And this session certainly highlighted that. The good news is that this could be the solution. Anyway, the 1km reps went 3:05, 3:11, 3:08. The legs were like burning concrete during these - that feeling where your mind is telling you to run faster but the body won't respond (that feeling of helplessness). The 200's highlighted that the general speed is not the issue - 33, 32, 33, 32, 33 seconds. A nice and easy 5km cooldown. I'm absolutely shattered now. I've got some serious work to do between now and Melbourne - my saving grace is the length of the race being 21.1km.

8km easy this afternoon in the (unpredicted) light drizzle along the beachfront. 5:02's.

No comments:

Post a Comment