Thursday 15 September 2016

Thursday - Quarters (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Another one of my previous staple sessions (although I did subtly steal it from a gentleman called Robert). Met Scotty at The Spit nice and early and ready to go. Mapped out the 4.8km course, and simply set the watch for 75 second efforts with 45 second floats (as my GPS doesn't read properly at all around The Spit Loop). Scotty, as always, was strong during the efforts, so I had to do my bit by contributing during the floats. We worked extremely well off each other, getting around the three laps + 90m (4.8km) in 15:17. So roughly 3:11's. Which seems great - strong and solid without completely killing ourselves. Was tempted to finish off with some 200's, but Scotty talked some sense into me. After all, the session itself - although short - is very intense. Plus we are both racing on Sunday. So a nice and easy 5km cooldown instead. Between 14-15km all up. Now I'm tossing up between steel cut oats or shredded wheat???

Shredded wheat it was! And I would have to say that it is my favourite so far! An easy 8km before a late lunch around Manly. 5:04's.

No comments:

Post a Comment