Tuesday 6 September 2016

Tuesday - Mona Fartlek (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Deviated from the program this morning as I had a training partner in Scotty for the session. We agreed on Mona fartlek (I still had psychological scars). This was eased by completing the session at The Spit instead of North Head. Another cracking morning down there! Really happy with the effort - probably my most consistent pacing throughout that session. Scotty was great at pushing the pace during the efforts, and I was there to keep us both honest during the floats. The remarkable thing was that I felt in control throughout the whole session - a stark contrast to what I used to go through back in the day! I didn't even need to collapse at the end - which was a first. 6.21km (3:13's) all up (a whole 10m further than last week - although it was different structure to the session). The GPS read the 1.57km lap 100m short, hence why distance and the pace reads much slower on Strava (glad to that off my chest)! But today felt easier - which is great. A mostly solo 5km cooldown for just shy of 16km all up.  A great way to start the day!

Continuing on with my trend of running the non-sessions easier. It's actually really enjoyable, and feels great (once you can have the discipline and confidence to waddle). 8km around the Randwick Loop holding 5:03's (my slowest recorded Strava run of all time - and this includes warm-ups and cool-downs). The heart rate averaged a very sleepy 115 beats.

No comments:

Post a Comment