Thursday 8 September 2016

Thursday - 5 x 1200m (off 3 minutes) (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Bloody stoked to have Quentin join me this morning! Was dreading a solo version of this session! Haven't done this one in a while, but when you get it right, it is a great session. The longer rests mean that you can really push the pace in the efforts. And that we did. Although not as fast as what I have done previously, it wasn't far off. The best thing was that we were both consistent for all five reps, and similarly to Tuesday - I didn't want to collapse at the end of the session. I've learnt to push 90-95% in the sessions nowadays, and hold that extra bit in reserve for race day (although I am yet to show that in recent times). Anyway, did the efforts along the beachfront - a slight headwind running north (as shown by the times). 3:44.8, 3:38.9, 3:46.6, 3:42.6 and 3:45.8 - averaging 3:43.7. That is 3:06 pace. A nice and easy cooldown chatting to Quentin about drug cheats and the Olympics. Just over 16km all up. I'll get another run in this afternoon. On another note, I felt amazingly better having run much easier during my non-session runs this week. I think I am onto something here!

A ridiculously easy 8km along the beachfront this afternoon. 5:08's averaging 109 beats per minute! Bludging!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment