Tuesday 13 September 2016

Tuesday - 5 x Mile Repeats (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Met with Scotty down at The Spit for 5 x mile efforts. Each lap is 1.57km, so we just added an extra 30m at the end of each lap. 2 minutes standing rest. Hadn't done this one since the end of last year, but both times I did it I blew up massively. So, with a more mature head upon my (massive) shoulders, I took a much more conservative approach. Scott and I shared the work, probably with him doing slightly more than me overall. Times were extremely consistent: 5:06.6, 5:01.6, 5:01.8, 4:59.9, and 5:00.9; averaging 5:02.16, 3:08 min/km pace. And like the last few weeks, finished the session tired but not exhausted. Happy to get this one done, as it's always a tough one. A nice and easy 5km cooldown for over 17km all up. On the breakfast scene, I went cold on Gwen Jorgensen's Oats with Eggs (apparently it works) and have gone back with some nostalgia in the form of WeetBix. 6 with heaps of yogurt, milk and fruit. And I mean 'heaps.'

An easy 8km around the (boring) Randwick loop. Super easy. 5:02's averaging 110 beats per minute. The heart rate monitor seems to be fine during the easy runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment