Saturday 3 December 2016

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 minutes (off 1 minute jog)

First time doing this session, and it was solid. Met Scotty at his place and jogged (about 6km) to Middle Head Oval (I had looked this up on mapmyrun.com and it seemed like a proper 400m Oval with a line to follow). We got there to an awesome oval with an amazing outlook - but no line. Didn't matter, as the session was time based. Due to the fact that we had been running anticlockwise for most sessions lately (and my left plantar fascia was noticing it), I suggested we run clockwise to balance it out. Started strong and worked together. Actually, I mostly shadowed Scott for the first four reps - then he made me lead for the big rep, number 5; the five minute effort. I was pretty much shattered after this, but held on strong for the four minute effort. The last three reps I was in survival mode, and wasn't able to stick with Scott who came home strong. But really happy with the session nonetheless. Not sure about paces, etc, as my GPS tends to overread if I run clockwise (to prove this, at the end we both walked a lap anticlockwise - measuring 420m; then did the exact same lap clockwise, measuring 450m - definitely not OCD). Scott led the way back cutting off about 800m for a solid 21km (approximately) all up. Not sure about a swim now?

No comments:

Post a Comment