Tuesday 13 December 2016

Tuesday - 8 x 1km (off 1 minute)

Running on fumes this morning following the sudden (albeit peaceful) passing of my grandmother last night. Very lucky and grateful to have the support of Scott, Jerome and Jeet there this morning to take my mind off things. A tough session in the best of times, the key is consistency, especially with the large volume and short rests. Scott and I alternated leads for the first four reps, but I didn't return the favour for the sixth and eighth reps. Stayed on his tail for the ones he led, but he took off for the final rep (I think he ran a sub-3)! Not sure exactly what pace we averaged, but 3:11's sounds about right. The power meter was reading between 315-25 watts, so that seems spot on in terms of intensity. A big session of about 21km all up (warm-up and cool-down included), and very happy to get it done - as it is going to be a scorcher out there today.

No comments:

Post a Comment