Thursday 15 December 2016

Thursday - 20 minute tempo

Really happy with this one this morning. While definitely not a PB session, the perceived effort was much better this week. Felt ordinary upon waking this morning after a hectic few days, compounded further with the heat and less than normal amount of sleep. Met Scott and jogged down to Balmoral Oval for the tempo run, in light rain the whole way. Was non-committal to how long I was going for this morning, but set out for at least 20 minutes. I let Scott lead for the first half, but I kept finding myself eager to lift the pace - each time refraining due to the fear of regretting it later. But feeling surprisingly strong. Then I took the lead and really tried to keep a strong and consistent pace. Feeling really good, I decided to up the pace a bit (not too much) for the final two minutes. Got to the 20 minute mark covering the same distance and pace as last week - albeit much easier this time around. 3:25's, 296 watts. Scotty continued on for another five minutes, which was really solid. I felt that if I didn't lift for the final two minutes, I could have gone the extra few with him. Nevertheless, that was the first session back that I have felt really bouncy, speedy and racey - so a bit of milestone as far as I am concerned. A slow plod back to Cremorne for about 17km all up. Another solid week done and dusted - another week of consistency to go before taking an easy few days between Christmas and NYE. Just starting to feel good again, so taking that break will be tough, but I need to see the bigger picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment