Saturday 17 December 2016

Saturday - Listen to Grandma!

The end of quite an emotionally draining week, so wasn't really feeling it at all this morning. Had planned for quarters with Scott, which is always a brutal session. In all honesty, I went out too hard trying to stay with him (which it turns out he himself went out too hard as well), getting a first kilometer split of 3:09! Halfway through the fourth rep I started to really feel the discomfort, which is to be expected. But just had absolutely no fight in me today, and waved the white flag just before the end of rep five. I hate doing this, and I am usually extremely hard on myself for doing so - but I just couldn't hurt myself today. My mind was having none of it (I think the body was ok - which is unusual as it is always the other way around). So 2.7km in 3:18's, fading heaps in the final 700m. Scotty continued on for 15:45, so not bad - but he was hoping for around 15:30. Just one of those days I guess. Anyway, have decided to take my easy week next week instead of the following week - as next week there is still a bit going on with the funeral, etc. Plus, this way I can sync my cycle with Scott - so it's win-win. Really looking forward to ending what has been a pretty ordinary 2016, and start-up for a great 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment