Tuesday 27 December 2016

Tuesday - 8 x 1km reps (off 90 seconds)

Had planne do my tortorous hills session this morning, but was saved late yesterday by Tom via a WhatsApp message informing us all of the above session at Nolan's. Got over my OCD-tendencies and joined. A great turnout with Tom, Barts (and little Barts), Paul, Jamie, Erika, Elle, Robin, Darren, Ben and Toby. No one was particularly on fire today, with the exception of Robin, who admittedly was doing 5 reps (that's what I kept telling myself anyway). I think each rep clocked anywhere between 3:09-15, with the seventh at 3:07. Mostly shared the work with Barts and Tom, although the former did a bit more at start, with the latter finishing strong. I guess I was there in those middle reps. Due to the fact that it's such a long session, you really have to hold back - it was tempting in some of those middle reps to really put the hammer down - but very glad I didn't. The finish was hard enough in the end. A great way to start the day. A quick swim before meeting the crew up at The Emporio. 20 minute warmup and a 5km cooldown for about 18km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment