Sunday 7 May 2017

Sunday - 30km

I felt how I had envisaged - fairly flat. The plan was to run much easier today, especially as I had promised Tim to do so, as him and I are the only two remaining members of the Manly Hardcore group (can't believe how soft everyone else has become running at midday - with perhaps the exception of Tom, as I totally understand the nature of his injury). I ran to the pool n hope of finding someone, but no luck. Headed up Pittwater Rd where I bumped into Erika. I convinced her that we wouldn't be going fast today, so she joined. Picked up Tim at the top of Mt. Dee Why and headed towards the lake. Word on the street was that part of the trail around the lake was closed, so we ran it in reverse. It was true, a massive section just past the Academy and all the way towards the Scout Hall is fenced off, meaning that we had to run on the road for a fair bit. I think we'll do the other side of the lake next week. Got to Pittwater Rd, and as Erika had already run 19km at that point, we turned early and headed home. Got back to North Steyne for 28km, so ran to Manly LSC and return for the full 30km. Not as slow as I thought, finishing with 4:31's. Quite sore now, but to be expected. I'm hoping that the shock of racing yesterday will turn into some positive gains in training over the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment