Tuesday 23 May 2017

Tuesday - 15km nice and easy

Physically I am feeling great! Psychologically I am destroyed. Woke up and ran to North Head with the intention of doing Mona Fartlek. Got up there and just couldn't bring myself to start it! I need a change in stimulus, as this is unsustainable. I've spent the past two years stressing all day Monday, Wednesday and Friday about impending session the following morning. I think part of this is driven by the fact that most of these are done solo. I still love running, but am struggling with the status quo.  So I think the answer may be to rejoin a squad. And since I finish up tutoring this coming Thursday, running with the HuRTS squad is now doable. So that's the plan, starting next Tuesday (thought about going this morning, but have a full day of work booked in already, plus it may be a bit depleted today post-SMH half marathon). Ended up running a cruisy 15km around Manly in 4:25's. Hopefully this is the start of better things as far as running goes, especially as I have finally got all my health issues sorted (about time)!

No comments:

Post a Comment