Thursday 4 May 2017

Thursday - no session, 10km easy

I had initially planned to do some sort of taper session (yes, I decided to enter the Sydney 10 - and if I can get within two minutes of last year's time, then that will be a massive win). But felt quite flat, similar to Tuesday (but pushed through it then). I've been ridiculously consistent over the past 5 weeks, so I was more than likely due for an easier week anyway. Plus, in the past I have ignored these obvious warning signs and simply pushed through it for another few weeks only to dig myself into a hole of fatigue. So I ended up running up to North Head, then an extra 500m past where I was going to start the session. Turned around and ran home. 10km all up, 4:33's. I'll take a complete rest day tomorrow and hopefully be thankful for this come Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment