Tuesday 9 May 2017

Tuesday - no session, 10km easy

My concerns from yesterday were met this morning. I admittedly felt much better this morning compared to yesterday, but still nowhere near ready enough for a session. Wasn't convinced, so warmed-up on my way to North Head, but once I got to Addison Rd I knew that pushing on would not have been smart. Turned around and ran home, bumping into Darren for a bit. I really hate pulling the pin on sessions, and I'm always really hard on myself for doing so. But just looking back to two massive mistakes I made last year (running hard on the Tuesday after the Sydney 10, and then again after the Bridge Run), I got injured and couldn't train properly respectively. Besides, I have trained very consistently over the past 5-6 weeks, only missing a single session (last Thursday). So the plan for the rest of the week is an easy run again on Thursday, then probably Parkrun on Saturday. Assuming that goes to plan, then my normal long Sunday and back into normal training next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment