Tuesday 2 May 2017

Tuesday - 16km, middle 20 minutes @ threshold pace

Moved Thursday's session forward to today's, as it is slightly longer than my originally planned session for today. That way, if I enter the Sydney 10 I may be slightly more fresh. Anyway, I felt very ordinary this morning. I managed to fight off the onset of a cold last week, but it seems to have developed into a mild stomach bug over the past few days. Nonetheless, I gave the session a go, not confident at all that I would get through it. Couldn't run it at the same intensity as normal for the first half (only very slightly off), but was able to bring it home quite strong in the second half. 5.74km in 3:29's. Only a second per kilometer slower than last week (where I felt amazing), so all-in-all not a bad effort. Ran the remaining (just over) 4km without having to stop for the bathroom. I'm sure that it will settle over the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment