Saturday 21 October 2017

Saturday - Manly to Spit & return

Surely my recent purple patch of form had past its expiry date? It appears not, with today being arguably the greatest demonstration of it! Like last week, I felt reasonably good for a Saturday morning. Although the temperature was perfect (15 degrees with no humidity thanks to a moderately strong south-westerly wind, which I was not sheltered from as much this week compared to last week), the trails were damp with quite a few puddles - especially between Forty Baskets and Tanya Park. This also made descending more conservative. Coupled with a higher tide on the way home, I had all the elements against me to running a super quick time. Strangely, there were also quite a lot of people on the trails this morning - some dressed rather properly for a trail walk! To make matters worse (actually, ‘annoying,’ not ‘worse’), my GPS really underread the distance by between 800-900m! Nevertheless, the timer worked fine, and I almost had to do a double check when I got home in 84:37! Almost two minutes quicker than last week! To put this into perspective, I have been chipping off approximately 15 seconds per week for the past month or so - so to take such a massive chunk off in one week is unheard of! I’m not complaining though! As always, I’ve just got to keep the passion there - and it still is there by simply doing what I am doing! It’s just nice to be able to go and run on feel every morning without being a slave to the GPS and having the pressure of trying to peak for races. Time for some more homemade granola! Best part of the week right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment