Tuesday 24 October 2017

Tuesday - 15km

I was pretty knackered during the day yesterday after the morning run around Manly. I even had a mild headache, and thought I was on the verge of getting a cold (which is currently going around again). So I stayed rugged up yesterday and last night in bed. I woke up this morning feeling quite good again, so, similarly to yesterday, I just went with it. Actually, in all honesty, I felt almost as good as yesterday - the only thing that was lacking was that sensation of power and strength in my legs that I had yesterday. That top edge was not there. Other than that, I was good. It was the North Head loop this morning. I’ve since come to the conclusion that I prefer this to the Shelly-Fairlight loop. It is harder due to the elevation, but the three advantages it has is that it is less crowded, you don’t have to overthink it (the route, that is, as it’s essentially out and back - apart from the first 800m), and lastly, the second half is easier than the first half as it’s back down to sea level (which of course means that the first half is much tougher, but psychologically that’s the ideal way around). Another amazing morning out there, cool-ish (or more correctly, not too hot), a very mild breeze that was insignificant for a headwind, and not a cloud in the sky. The ocean also looked magic! I got back home with a brand new benchmark of 53:49 (3:35’s)! So even faster than yesterday’s new benchmark on the faster Shelly-Fairlight loop! Once again, it felt great! Although, I didn’t go all out in the final two kilometers from the Boat House to home, so perhaps there is potential to run it faster. Although, that is not really the goal these days - it’s to just get out there, keep fit and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment