Saturday 28 October 2017

Saturday - Manly to Spit & return

If I usually feel like death on Saturday morning, today I felt I was six feet under! Why do I usually feel fine on Friday (rest day), but shocking today! Oh well, I’ll harden up! Manly to Spit today, and quite a bit warmer and very humid today, especially compared to the coolness of the past two Saturday’s. I knew from the outset that today would be the first Saturday where I won’t run faster than the previous Saturday (first of all, last Saturday was unbelievably quick, it was cold, and I felt super strong). So as always, I simply ran on feel. But it didn’t feel strong at all today, and this was particularly noticeable on the ascents (which surprisingly makes up most of the run)! There were actually times when I really wanted to stop (but of course I didn’t). I somehow managed to keep going, thinking a sub 86 (which was the norm up until last Saturday) would be a good result based on the conditions and how I felt. Of course it was better than that, finishing in a very respectable 85:13. Not as quick as last week, but much closer to the sub 85 of last Saturday than to the low 86 of the previous week. I’m quite surprised with that to be honest, as I honestly felt like a bit of a slug out there this morning. Nevertheless, happy to get it done - and even happier that I am still in good form and am managing the training load quite comfortably without killing myself. Looking forward to some nice weather, and perhaps a walk up to Queenscliff to checkout the first round of the Nutrigrain Ironman Series (although it’s now called the Ocean 6 Series). It’s just a shame that it has gone to pay TV (and a delayed broadcast), so unfortunately the athletes do not get the exposure and financial support that they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment