Saturday 4 August 2018

Saturday - 15km

Another big improvement today, feeling strong from the start. Surprising really, as the last two nights I’ve woken up at around 4am with back pain, not really managing much sleep from then onwards. Even getting out of bed this morning was a struggle (due to the pain), so I was stoked to find out that I could barely notice it once I started running (it’s not even that bad now, post-run). Absolutely stunning conditions, with a warm(-ish) northwesterly wind keeping the chill away. Even the water temperature was a reported 16.8 degreees (according to the B&B whiteboard). Up to North Head and return, finishing in 59:03 (3:56’s), my fastest run since returning (faster than Wednesday’s Shelly-Fairlight Loop), and a minute quicker than Tuesday! I can’t complain with that, other than I would have preferred to have been 3-4 minutes quicker - but I know that will come with some patience and persistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment