Sunday 12 August 2018

Sunday - 28km

I have no idea where that came from this morning, but I’ll take it! Out on a cold and windy Sunday morning for the weekly long run up to Narrabeen and return. Again, had thoughts of extending it to 30 km, but I’ll hold back for the time being as I’m still making some solid improvements by running 28 km each week. The heart rate was in top form this morning, never missing a beat. With that feedback, I simply kept it in the green (aerobic) zone for the entire duration. My back wasn’t the best, but not enough to stop me from running (which is the main thing). I got caught out in a random rain shower in the final 4 km, but this didn’t last too long. Got to the 28 km mark in 1:54:43, holding 4:06’s at 144 bpm. Another almost 5 minutes quicker than last Sunday (which, in turn was almost 5 minutes quicker than the previous Sunday). Wasn’t expecting that at all, but as I said earlier, I’ll take it. Another 103 km week done and dusted, ready for another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment