Saturday 25 August 2018

Saturday - 15km

It's so tempting to stop the status quo and reintroduce speedwork, as I’m feeling ready for it. But there is really no rush, plus I’m still making solid gains doing what I’m currently doing. I also know that there is still scope for improvement (another two minutes faster will be the point where I plateau). So, with that in mind, it was simply up to North Head once again on a miserable and warm winter's morning. A strong sea breeze made the first and final few kilometres tougher than usual, and a little bit of rain around The Fairfax Loop was a welcomed change. Got back to North Steyne SLSC in 56:37 holding 3:46’s (or 3:45’s according to the ever generous Strava) at 154 bpm (although I think the heart rate would have been higher than that given it went haywire at around the 10km mark for a kilometer and a bit). Really happy with that, and as mentioned above, I’m about two minutes shy of where I really want to be before the transition to faster stuff (of course with easier days built in between - no more consistent 15 km days at a solid to hard pace).

No comments:

Post a Comment