Saturday 18 August 2018

Saturday - 15km

Up to North Head this morning for a solid hit out, feeling refreshed after yesterday’s day off running. Stunning conditions, yet again - it’s hard to believe that it is the middle of winter in Sydney right now (apart from the cooler conditions, which are perfect for us runners). The heart rate reflected how I felt, pushing slightly higher than usual throughout the run. Got back to North Steyne SLSC in 57:36 holding 3:50’s (although Strava was being a bit generous rounding it down to 3:49’s) at 155 bpm. A full second quicker than Wednesday’s Shelly-Fairlight Loop, meaning that today’s run is by far my best effort post-injury. I’ll keep doing what I’m doing until I’m consistently in the 55’s, then I’ll change things up a bit by going more conventional with speedwork and easy days. I’ve got to earn the right to add in speed, despite wanting to start it already. A few more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment