Wednesday 29 August 2018

Wednesday - 15km

My first run back after an unplanned two day sabbatical following a serious bout of man flu which I first noticed on Saturday morning. The plan was to meet Ben at the pool at 6:15am for an easy run around the usual Shelly-Fairlight loop, but unfortunately I was unable to get going that early (I’m starting to feel the effects of old age). I managed to get going just over half an hour later, and was really unsure how things would pan out. It was an unusual sensation - my legs were fresh after two days of no running, but I was a bit congested and therefore the lungs were working against more resistance than usual - coupled with some intermittent coughing throughout. So I’d say the pace was firm but controlled - definitely not as high on the scale of perceived effort as usual. Out along the Shelly-Fairlight Loop, finishing in 57:20 (3:49’s) holding 151 bpm. Quite a decent time indeed following my bout of man flu and given that I felt that I was holding back somewhat. Still quarantining myself from others as I don’t want to pass it on. The muscle aches and fatigue is almost gone, now I’ve just got to get rid of the cough and congestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment