Friday 24 July 2015

Friday morning - DNF recovery run

I've overcome progressively worsening fatigue over the past week (see yesterday's run), and was in two minds whether to run this morning. Took my heart rate before getting out of bed (they say that if your normal resting heart rate is 10 bpm higher than normal, then you need a day of rest), but this was a normal 37 for me. Put the shoes on and strolled outside. 10 minutes into it I didn't feel any better, so turned around and walked home. I could have gone for the normal 10km, but really didn't see any value in it. I will take it easy for the rest of today, head out to Centennial Park tomorrow and see how I feel after warming up tomorrow. I have had way too much experience in these situations before that it doesn't scare the hell out of me like it did in the past.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have the right approach here. Too easy to slip into the OTS again.

    ReplyDelete