Saturday 25 July 2015

Saturday morning - differential diagnosis

Probably should've stayed in bed this morning. Instead, I went to Centennial Park, did a lap of the white fence as a warm up, then attempted the 6km TT. Got through the first km in 3:09, but just didn't have that drive to keep pushing. Decided to stop over the next 500m and walk over to chat to Sean. Could've kept going, albeit at around 3:20-25 pace, but considered the consequences as I am clearly suffering a bout of overtraining. Continuing at a sub-par pace would simply have prolonged the length of my subsequent rest period coming up. Sean suggested a blood test, possibly anaemia, or virus were thrown out as suggestions? I've had anaemia before (twice actually, it's not fun), and I know that it is NOT that this time around. I had a mild cold earlier in the week, but not enough to really knock me around to this degree. I am adament that it is simply a case of too much intensity with a moderately high mileage for too long, combined with two hard races - which has just tipped me over the edge slightly. This would be my fourth bout of OTS this year, so am confident with a few days R&R I will be back with vengeance.

No comments:

Post a Comment