Monday 6 July 2015

Monday morning recovery

The last missing piece of my newly reformed training methods is the 'recovery.' It's a term that I have stubbornly neglected all throughout my athletic life, and in hindsight, has definitely been my biggest downfall. In an attempt to address this issue, I contacted my coach Sean Williams after the race yesterday to get his advise regarding recovery for the following week - especially with regards to backing up for the Sydnet Harbour 10km next Sunday. It goes without saying that the following week's worth of training is going to look fundamentally different to my previous posts.

Today was simply 20 minutes easy. In all honesty, that is all my body could really handle. Still up here on the Gold Coast, I was treated to another magical morning. Ran easily down south from Kurrawa for 10 minutes and returning. Didn't sleep at all last night, must have been the endorphins from yesterday race.

No comments:

Post a Comment