Thursday 2 July 2015

Thursday session - Half Deek's quarters (aka Deek's eighth's)

Happy days yesterday when my massage therapist called me up injured. This called for a treatment swap. I looked after his ankle while he got me ready for the Gold Coast Half Marathon this Sunday. It's always tough running the next day, and today was no exception. Except that this time it wasn't a sluggish feeling as if you have been run over by a truck numerous times, it was more as if my central nervous system had slightly forgotten how to execute the movement pattern of running. Not to worry, as today only called for some fun speed work, which was simply 8x200m hard with a 100m float. Didn't go all out, holding back but feeling in control. Averaged 3:14 min/km all up, but could have gone much faster if I had to. Ran straight back home for an approximately 10km easy run all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment