Tuesday 14 July 2015

Tuesday morning run - aborted Mona Fartlek

Was in two minds this morning - do I listen to my body or my mind? I initially went with the latter, lining up to start my usual Tuesday morning Mona Fartlek session. Doubts started crawling in my mind at the start of the second 90 second effort, and it was at this point that these thoughts got the better of me. I stopped, jogged through the trails around North Head and slowly made my way back home. I feel soft and annoyed at myself for pulling the pin, but I really want to ensure that I finally get on top of my years of neglecting recovery! After two solid weekends of racing, I knew deep down that I shouldn't be attempting anything speed related until at the absolute earliest Thursday. Nevertheless, it was nice to see a different aspect of North Head, as I had shamefully never really explored its trails. Easy days ahead, may attempt Deek's Quarters on Thursday depending on how I pull up.

2 comments:

  1. Goes without saying well done for listening to the body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks mate. Would've been sweet if I didn't race on Sunday! Should've just stayed back with you

      Delete