Wednesday 2 March 2016

75 minutes easy + strides

A slight reduction in mileage for me for my Wednesday run. Gary had 75 minutes easy written down, so I followed this to the tee. Don't know whether this will be a regular Wednesday morning for me, or whether it is simply an easier week for me to gradually build back into training. Nevertheless, I felt fairly good this morning - especially in comparison to my past few Wednesday's (which is super encouraging)! Joined by Erika, Darren, Justin and Tim this morning. In fact, I had the longest run out of everyone - the others were capped at 60 minutes. Went against convention today by mixing up the route. We diverted North Head and went towards the start of the Manly to Spit Walk. Turned around, headed to Shelly, then back to Pittwater Rd where I ran the final 10 minutes solo. Finished off with 4 x 100m strides with a walk back recovery. Am loving these subtle changes, and actually am starting to feel some benefits. 4:38's at 129 beats per minute. 16.2km all up (not including an extra kilometer worth of strides). Fingers crossed I can continue on this upward trajectory (although I am quietly confident in the hands of Gary, Ben and the Manly Crew)!

No comments:

Post a Comment