Saturday 19 March 2016

Saturday stamina set - 3 laps of the white fence continuous (1 lap effort, 1 lap fartlek, 1 lap effort) + 4 x 150m hills (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

A massive session this morning. Was originally down for another tempo run with the Manly crew up at North Head, but given they were running 27km in the lead up to the London marathon, we agreed that I would be better off running more specific to my events at Centennial Park. The session was 3 laps of the white fence (3.6km) continuous. The first lap was an effort, then an easy jog of about 500m to the road. There we started a lap of 1 minute hard, 1 minute float. Another 500m jog followed by a final lap hard. I held 3:13's for the first lap, but would have to go back and get the calculator out to figure the rest out - as I didn't have the watch setup specifically for the session. What I do know is that I averaged a solid 3:24 for the entire 10.8km (including the jog recoveries), so very pleased with that. I had Matty Hudson drag me along for the first lap, before opening up a gradual gap on the second lap - then he disappeared into the distance on the final lap. Gary joked that we were off to do some hills after this. He was serious though! 4 x 150m hills with jog back recoveries. My legs were shot, so was happy to sit behind Matty and Hamish (not that I had much choice). Overall, a very solid session. Things appear to be heading in the right direction. A lap to warm-up and a lap to cool-down - about 21km all up. Beautiful conditions out there this morning - definitely a hint of Autumn in the air. A massive contrast to last week!

An easy 8km run along the beachfront just before a late lunch. Surprisingly not too crowded out there, so was able to run to Shelly Beach. 4:38's, felt better than expected after this morning's run!

No comments:

Post a Comment