Sunday 13 March 2016

Sunday long run (30km)

Another early start, but another amazing sunrise. Still humid though. Quite a big turnout today; Barts, Craig, Macca, Tym, Scott & Hamish. I think Craig had 40km on the cards, Macca had 38km and Justin had 35km. Another reason to avoid marathon racing (at this point in time anyway). Despite feeling the effects of yesterday's session, I felt surprisingly springy and bouncy this morning. Generally felt comfortable the whole way. Barts had some session within the run planned where he went 3:20's for 15 minutes both halfway and at the end. I happily let him go (as did everyone else). It was great to see Scotty back, and he provided some good company for the final few kilometers. Did a subconscious semi-fast finish in the final 3km, with 3:39, 3:30, and 3:24. The first two were definitely unintentional; the last one was purely for my ego and Strava (and to get the average pace of the run down to a nice well rounded number of 4:20). A nice and low average heart rate of 134 beats confirms my subjective feelings. Good sign I guess. Time for a jump into the ocean and breakfast watching with the others (my homemade leaves both The Emporium and The Trobadour for dead, not that that is a hard thing to do).

No comments:

Post a Comment