Tuesday 22 March 2016

Big Tuesday - 8 x 800m (off 200m jog), 5 minutes rest, 10 minute effort (am) + 35 minutes recovery (pm)

No starters again this morning - other than a late message from Richard saying that he was going to start earlier. Given the weather, the darkness, and the fact that I didn't have to rush into uni today, I decided to get up at 5:50am (massive sleep in). Jogged to Graham Reserve (psychologically burnt out of running efforts along the beachfront), which wasn't too damp given the torrential rain over the last 36 hours. It was vaguely light when I started. Richard joined in, but he had already done 5 reps (jealous)! Decided to run the odds anticlockwise and the evens clockwise. The famous white line (not cocaine) was very faint today, so probably ran slightly long for each rep. Doesn't matter though, as I made each effort consistent (see, I am becoming less OCD). Didn't even look at my pace/splits until the end - running purely on feel. And, as I have discovered recently, doing so generally makes me consistent. Every rep was between 2:34-36. So no blow out at all. Not super fast, but given the conditions I am satisfied with that. It was certainly tough effort wise, especially knowing in the back of my mind that this was only part one of the session. After a 5 minute break, I ran the 10 minute effort on the footpath anticlockwise around the golf course. Again, consistency and feel were key. I thought running sub-3:20's on tired legs would be great. Ended up going just over 3km in 3:19's. Again, pushing about 95% - hard, but a tiny fraction of effort left in reserve. A nice cool-down along the beachfront witnessing a nice cool start to the day. Just under 22km all up. Got another easy run planned for this evening. Hopefully the rain will hold off.

An easy 35 minutes before dinner tonight. Managed to dodge the rain. 4:31's - probably slightly too fast, but felt fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment