Monday 6 June 2016

Monday cross-training - 40 minutes rowing + 40 minutes cycling

Really spent some time last night massaging and icing the Achilles, and it felt a lot better this morning upon getting out of bed (usually the worst time of day). Did notice last night that the whole region on the outside of my ankle is swollen and red! Anyway, this morning I substituted the planned 80 minutes easy of running for 40/40 on the rower and cycle. It's amazing how much easier it is mentally to row for 20 minutes less than yesterday. Got just under 9.6km averaging 2:05.7/500m pace. Then 25.9km on the bike. The latter is easier, but arguably more boring. Frustrating that I am still not running, but at least I am keeping fit (arguably fitter). Just got to take each day as it comes I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment