Wednesday 8 June 2016

Wednesday cross-training - 60 minutes rowing + 30 minutes cycling

The Achilles is feeling the best it has in over a fortnight! It is my 14th day of not running (minus a failed early attempt Sunday week ago). So very encouraging. Similar to last Wednesday, I broke the planned 90 minutes medium long run down to 60/30 on the rower/bike (again, going beyond 60 minutes on the ergo would be torture)! As I have observed consistently over the past fortnight, my rowing is improving every session (kind of expected I guess). Comfortably held 2:04.8/500m pace, brining up just shy of 14.5km. To put that into context, my first 60 minutes continuous 12 days ago got me 12.8km. Probably pushing the pace slightly more, but not significantly so. Straight onto the bike for a 30 minute spin. Unusually, Anytime Fitness in Manly only has two bikes - one of which has been out of order ever since I have been there. Today, the 'working' bike's screen display no longer works! Didn't care much, just sat there and spun the legs for 30 minutes on the same resistance as previously trying to maintain 90 rpm. 90 minutes of mixed cross training certainly is tougher than th 90 minute medium long run. Hopefully the last of the former is done and dusted (until my next injury). Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment