Wednesday 22 June 2016

Wednesday - 80 minutes

It's official, I'm back running again! I can confidently say this now as I pulled up ok after yesterday's (modest) speed session! Last Friday I was limping after Thursday's efforts, today I ran 17.75km, with the second half completely (that's right, 'completely') painfree. I was bit nervous heading out this morning, especially more so as I had agreed to meet Tom (with Erika a 'maybe') at the Lagoon entrance at 6:04am. The Achilles felt tight, but not painful. Got to the meeting point right as Justin and Tom arrived, so we set off heading towards Manly. It was so nice to run (or even simply training) with others. I didn't shut up the whole way, I basically had a months worth of stuff to talk about! We ran to the wharf, turning around at Fairlight, back to the lagoon entrance when Justin peeled off having already run his 19km. Tom and I finished with two laps of the golf course, both noticing that our Achilles (he has been suffering as well) had completely warmed-up (I had actually totally forgotten about mine at this stage). Finished off solo by running back along the beachfront. It took me just over 75 minutes by the time I got to Pine St, so to celebrate my Achilles coming good, I bumped it up to 80 minutes. A crisp morning with an amazing sunrise at the end. Certainly beats Fitness First! No strides, I won't be rushing back into these. 4:30's for the 80 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment