Sunday 12 June 2016

Sunday - (Mostly) back running!!! (20km run + 30 minute spin)

The original plan was to sit on the ergo for 60 minutes, then attempt anywhere between 30-60 minutes of running (anything less than 60 minutes would be completed on the stationary bike). This morning the motivation to sit on the Concept 2 was at an all time low, compounded by the fact that I had managed a 30 minute jog yesterday afternoon. And upon waking this morning, there were no after effects at all! Nevertheless, went to a Fitness First, paid my $20, sat grumpily on the ergo, flexed my left knee - and there was pain! Behind my knee! This was great, it meant that I couldn't row! So that meant one thing - I was going running! Didn't how far or long, but decided to head north, with a small glimmer of hope to run into the Manly Crew. Similarly to yesterday, I could notice the Achilles most of the way, but it certainly wasn't pain. In fact, uphill was great! I was in luck coming into Collaroy when I bumped into the returning gentlemen, so turned around early and ran back towards Dee Why with them, mostly chatting to Scotty. I let them go as we entered Dee Why - they had picked up the pace slightly and I (for once) was not the slightest bit interested. Ended up running past Fitness First, past the Mall, got to Nolan's then turned around, headed to Brookvale, did a lap of Curl Curl ParkRun via South a Curl Curl headland (a massive detour), before heading back to Fitness First. Started playing mind games, telling myself to push for the 2 hour mark. But it was arguably silly enough going this far, so surely going beyond 90 minutes/20km was pushing the friendship. Stocked to complete the run feeling no worse than before I started. Decided to get a final 30 minutes on the stationary bike, which was mostly spent reading the qualifying reports from this morning's Canadian Grand Prix. Should be a good race, pity I don't have Foxtel!

No comments:

Post a Comment