Saturday 6 August 2016

Saturday - 2 x hill loop, 1 x white fence

It was a case of less is more this morning. We all knew that the volume of this morning's sessions would be reduced from the previous few weeks with the C2S pending. Two hill loops, or more like 3/4 loops, as we were told to jog the downhill portion instead of attacking at as per previously. Another impressive turnout this morning; I hung in the second group with Alex and Hamish - the latter who was flying after having a few weeks easy following a 100 mile race! Endurance was certainly still there. Anyway, stayed with both Alex and Hamish for the first lap, before dropping them on the second. 6'33 and 6'31 for each 1.89km loop, so consistent. We all regathered prior to starting the lap of the white fence. Was weary of Hamish, and thought my best chance was to drop him early and try to hang on. I managed the first part, but he was too strong over the final kilometer, edging past me. I took a quick glance behind to ensure that Alex wasn't planning on doing the same - I was safe. To my surprise, I ran a 11'56 for the 3.56km lap - not super quick, but again was never going to be with the muddy surface from all the rain. Alex was about 15 seconds behind, still running strong as well.  So a nice little confidence booster leading into Sunday week - I need that after a few weeks of subpar paces at training. A nice and easy cooldown with Nick and Jules, mainly talking restaurants- it appears that they know their stuff as well! No double today. Around 17.5km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment