Tuesday 30 August 2016

Tuesday - 20 minute fartlek (7x2min efforts/1min floats) (am) + 40 minutes easy (pm)

Decided to switch Tuesday and Thursday's sessions around, as I had a pacer in Scotty guaranteed for today. Did this one at The Spit around the ParkRun loop. I knew that today was going to be painful, based on my psychological scars from a very similar session in the form of Mona Fartlek. It was fantastic having Scotty there though, as we kind of shared the work (I would say that he did more than his fair share though, especially during the efforts). Nonetheless, we essentially shadowed each other for the duration of the session, finishing 80m shy of four complete laps. Each lap is (un)officially 1.57km, so it appears we ran a solid 6.2km holding 3:14's. Unfortunately my GPS doesn't like it when I run anti-clockwise loops - having a tendency to under-read the pace and distance (came up with 5.95km in 3:22's; vs. Scotty's 6.1km - despite the fact that we started and finished together). First world problems!!! A 20 minute warm-up and a 5km cooldown for about 15.5km all up. I really enjoyed running down there - a beautiful loop which will be well sheltered when the southerlies come. Another 40 minutes planned (hopefully before lunch).

An easy 40 minutes around the block at Randwich before lunch. 8.81km in 4:33's. Just over 24km for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment