Sunday 28 August 2016

Sunday - Two Hours

I don't know what happened this morning? Usually Sunday I am simply in survival-mode, generally running long after a big Saturday. Today was no different. But to sum up, the pace was way faster than usual, although the effort felt the same (confirmed by the low heart rate). I met Darren and Justin at the pool at 6:15am, the latter really struggling today. Hamish joined us about 500m up the road. The pace was initially quicker than usual, as both Darren and Justin were well and truly up to speed - having already done half an hour before I met them. But within a kilometer or two, I was fine. Just the traditional Sunday loop this morning. Was quite surprised when I got to Bike Addiction at Manly Vale (which is usually where I reach the two hour mark) and looked at my watch and realised I still had another five-and-a-half minutes to run. Decided to push the pace a bit after the 28km mark, finishing the final 550m in 3:26 pace. So 28.55km all up at 4:12's! And only averaging 134 beats per minute. I put the good feeling down to yesterday's run at Centennial Park. The session itself was as tough as usual, but I think the softer than usual surface from a few days of torrential rain dampened the impact on each step - leaving me a lot less sore than usual this morning. It probably also explains the relatively slower than usual pace yesterday. So another solid week of training comes to an end. Just over 145km - and only over 8 runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment