Tuesday 9 August 2016

Tuesday - 4 x (3 minutes, 1 minute jog, 1 minute), off 90 seconds

Went solo this morning, which meant that I was able to hit the snooze button twice on my phone without letting anyone down. Another amazing morning! I actually felt really good this morning - this was reflected in the relative ease (and pace) of the warm-up, along with achieving a maximum heart-rate of 176 throughout the subsequent session (easily the highest I have ever recorded it on this watch). The pace is improving - albeit not as quick as I would have hoped for less than a week out of C2S. Another few weeks should see it get there - enough time for Blackmores, but more importantly, enough time for Burnie 10 in October. Paces and splits were 0.95km (3:09), 0.33km (3:01); 0.96km (3:08), 0.32km (3:05); 0.96km (3:08), 0.32km (3:06); 0.95km (3:10), 0.32km (3:06). Most importantly, I ran within myself and kept it hard but controlled. A nice solid session, but ultimately not too taxing. A nice and steady 5km cool-down, seeing Darren out there doing the same session just as I was finishing. About 16.3km all up. That's it for today, no second run.

No comments:

Post a Comment