Sunday 24 December 2017

Sunday - 30km

Absolutely suicidal conditions out there this morning. I really should have set my alarm an hour earlier (this was further true when I ran past Ben & Justin at my 8km mark and their 24km mark). It just got hotter and hotter. Any shade I could find I cherished. The run up to Narrabeen along the coast was bearable, but once I turned west to head towards Pittwater Rd the temperature and humidity seemed to skyrocket! I was in survival mode from here on in. Just tried to keep it composed and hold it together, completely caring less about my pace. Hit a few red lights on the way home which I didn’t mind this time. The Garmin even decided it wanted to underread the distance by about 100m, finishing about 100m past my usual finish line at Harris Farm (so glad I did my groceries there yesterday, good luck anyone wishing to go there today)! Finished in 1:58:32 (3:57’s), although I’d take about 20 second and a second per kilometer off that given the underreading Garmin. So not bad at all considering the conditions - faster than last week in much harder conditions today. Perhaps I’m slowly adapting to this weather (although it doesn’t feel like it)!

No comments:

Post a Comment