Sunday 31 December 2017

Sunday - 30km

A slight relief from yesterday’s heat with some light rain and a moderate southerly wind made conditions slightly more favourable this morning. Although it was bloody humid out of the wind - especially around the lake and through Cromer. Didn’t feel anything amazing today, and really just kept the pace comfortable and once again focusing on my breathing. Although I managed to focus on this today for the entire 30km! Coming home was tough into the head wind (like always, didn’t really appreciate the tailwind during the first half of the run). I really started to feel dehydrated, so had to make a quick (and very rare for me) emergency stop at a tap at the ovals in Dee Why at the 24km mark for some much needed water. By this stage I just wanted to get home. Got back to Harris Farm in 1:58:27 (3:57’s). I must say that out of all the weekly runs that I do this time of year, the long run has turned out to be the hardest due to the heat and humidity. It’s really that final 10km that does it to you. No swim today (although I said that yesterday and managed to go twice)!

No comments:

Post a Comment