Tuesday 26 December 2017

Tuesday - 15km

Out for my usual Tuesday North Head loop. Straight into a howling southeasterly wind this morning, Mother Nature doing everything in her power to slow me down. Although it’s predicted to turn towards the east in time for the start of the Sydney to Hobart later today. Other than that, and a few humid patches out of the wind, I felt like I had a bit of power in my legs (probably something to do with the quantity [and quality] of food that I consumed yesterday). Although I must sadly admit that wheat doesn’t entirely agree with me like it used to (I think I can get away with small quantities every now and then, but not a normal size serving a couple of times per week). I’ll still do my best to eat it, it’s far too good to forgo (plus I can’t stand people jumping on the gluten-free bandwagon just because they think it is healthy and trendy). Back on topic, quite a few rangers at the gates of North Head turning traffic away (it’s closed today and on NYE). Funny how you notice every second when running into a headwind, yet barely notice any difference when a tailwind is behind you. Yes, that was me today. Got back home in 55:34 (3:42’s), not a bad a time at all given the conditions (I seem to be writing that everyday lately). No swim today, but tossing up whether to do some short hill sprints or some strides right now. I need to get some speed back into my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment