Wednesday 27 December 2017

Wednesday - 15km

I felt very ordinary this morning - don’t really know why? Out for the normal Wednesday Shelly-Fairlight loop. One look at the ground suggested we not long ago had a downpour, although looking into the sky you’d never know. It was really warm, humid, and a strong northeasterly (lucky sailors heading down to Hobart, unlucky runners training along Manly)! Nevertheless, I just went with it, trying to maintain my usual intensity despite the pace feeling slow. Saw Darren along the way, and some other guy who knows me (I don’t know him though) and he always makes a huge deal about it when he sees me. Kind of creepy really. I actually ignored him today, I think his jokes about me going for a run are well past their use by date. Time for some new material! It was fairly quite at the start, but the beachfront was chaos on the return -the opposite to a normal weekday as everyone sleeps in that bit extra during the break. I honestly thought I’d be in the mid to high 56’s today, perhaps even 57. But got back in a quicker than expected 55:23 (3:41’s), not bad considering how I felt and the conditions. At least come March or April this heat and humidity training should pay dividends. Too windy for a swim now (yes, I’ve also become an ocean snob).

No comments:

Post a Comment