Tuesday 21 April 2015

Monday morning 15km

I am not a massive fan of running in the rain - well, once I am wet it's great. However, finding the motivation to leave a warm bed and venture out into a cold and wet morning with a solid southerly wind is never easy. Building upon what I briefly mentioned on Friday regarding running technique, I decided to have another run in my old New Balance Minimus road shoes. When I initially wore these 3 years ago, I wasn't a fan as I felt they induced a lot of unnecessary strain through my calf muscles, and I didn't like the increase in shock I felt with each foot step. Obviously, as I have grown older, wiser, and more mature (although these three statements are extremely debatable, especially if you are speaking with my mother), and I actually got a lot out of the session. Ran a solid 15km on the dead flat loop between Queenscliff and Shelly Beach for 3 laps, holding sub 4:00 min/km pace. Surprisingly pulled up great after the run, and no niggles throughout the remainder of the day - which I was very happy with. Bracing myself for tomorrow - the session will be tough, but the weather conditions will be even tougher, with gale force winds and heavy rain predicted. It's days like those that distinguish champions from competitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment