Tuesday 14 April 2015

Tuesday morning session - Mona Fartlek

It definitely doesn't get any easier. I had to convince myself to get out of bed this morning, as my body protested against my alarm and mind. They say that you should refrain from any speed work / quality sessions for one day for each mile raced. In that case, a 10km road race shouldn't see me performing this session until Friday at the earliest. I counteracted this truism by reassuring myself whilst warming up to not worry about the distance and/or pace of this morning's session - just simply get it done. All in all, it was tough, and ended up covering 6.05 km over the 20 minute session, a full 30 meters further than last week - averaging just over 3:18 min/km pace. So all up very satisfied. Finished with a solid 8 km cool down, and struggling to walk now. Already looking forward to going to bed tonight for some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment